Stanford Monthly Rental Rates?
In order to qualify for the Stanford Rate, the Stanford affiliate must occupy the apartment as his/her principal place of residence. A premium of $200 per month applies to new leases and renewals with a duration of less than six months.
Eligibility Categories 1a through 2b:
- 1 Bedroom Rates From $2,763 to $3,545
- 2 Bedroom Rates From $4,055 to $4,577
- 3 Bedroom Rates From $4,564 to $5,032
Additional Carports, Garages, and Storage
- Additional carport is $50 per month
- Additional garage is $150 per month
- Storage locker is $100 per month
At least a month before your lease is set to expire, you will receive a renewal letter in the mail. It will contain your new rental rate and an information form that needs to be completely filled out. You will also need to provide a copy of current renter's insurance. When completed, turn into the Leasing Office. If you have any questions about the paperwork, contact the Leasing Office at 650-725-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility for Living at Stanford West
1A - Faculty & Eligible Staff
- Tenure and Non-Tenure Line (includes SLAC and VA)
- Senior Fellow Members of Academic Council at Special Policy Centers and Institutes
- Senior Fellows at the Hoover Institution
- Medical Center Line (MCL)
- Clinician Educator (CE) (includes Professor (full), Associate Professor and Assistant Professor)
- N11 and N99 Staff
- Acting and Visiting Faculty
1B - Public Safety Officers employed by Stanford
1C - Staff
- Other Staff employed by Stanford University or SLAC (includes Retired Faculty on Recalled Duty)
- Clinical Instructors
- Academic Postdocs (also known as Clinical or Research Fellows)
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics Medical Residents
2A - Hospital Staff
- Stanford Hospital & Clinics (Employees and interns)
2B - Visiting Fellows (7)
- (includes visitors to the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences CASBS)
2C - Employed on Stanford Lands
- (includes Stanford Shopping Center, Welch Road, and Research Park)
Employees within the city limits of Palo Alto or Menlo Park, or individuals age 62 or older who live in either of the two cities.
All other households who do not meet the above criteria.
* Qualifying Employment: must be employed at least 30 hours per week (75% FTE) at or above the minimum wage during the entire lease term. Lease term cannot exceed duration of Qualifying Employment.
Non-Stanford Rental Rates
Non-Stanford rental rates may also apply to those renters who become ineligible for the Stanford rate and continue to rent. A premium of $200 per month applies to new leases and renewals with a duration of less than nine months.
2c through 4:
- 1 Bedroom Rates Start at $3,454
- 2 Bedroom Rates Start at $5,019
- 3 Bedroom Rates Start at $5,705